Tax on International Calls: Lahore High Court Seeks Data from PTA
The Lahore High Court (LHC) yesterday sought a technical compliance report from Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) by January 14 regarding its orders for suspension of notification for tax on incoming international calls and subsequent steps under it.
The single bench comprising Justice Ijaz ul Ahsan passed the orders on a petition filed by Brain Telecommunications through counsel Barrister Umar.
Earlier, the petitioner’s counsel filing a rejoinder informed the court that its order dated October 25, 2012 regarding suspension of notification for tax on incoming international calls had not been complied with. He contended that despite court directions, same rates were being charged.
He further pointed out that LDI operators had also not resumed their operation. He pleaded the court to seek a compliance report from the PTA officials.
However, federation’s counsel said the policy was framed as per law and it aimed to increase revenue.
He pointed out that the step was taken on a Ministry of Information Technology’s policy directive.
He contended that the agreement was anti-competitive as it fix prices and develop quota system. He pleaded the court to set aside the notification as it violates many provisions of competitive law.
It is pertinent to mention that the government had already withdrawn notification for tax increase on incoming international calls
Enter Email Address to Get Daily News
- Pakistan Election 2013: O… : Now you can Check out Election...105 comment(s) | 21,651.21 view(s) per day | posted on May 11, 2013
- ECP Releases 2013 Electio… : Election Commission of Pakista...78 comment(s) | 8,864.00 view(s) per day | posted on May 12, 2013
- Check Detail About SIM: D… : PTA has given a facility for P...31 comment(s) | 3,952.81 view(s) per day | posted on May 4, 2013
- Mobile Phone Friendship i… : Mobile Phone friendships are c...1 comment(s) | 1,125.00 view(s) per day | posted on May 25, 2013
- How To Get Back Your Stol… : Today we are going to share an...22 comment(s) | 1,105.11 view(s) per day | posted on May 16, 2013
- Mobile Phone Friendship in Pakistan: You Can Also Be Victim
- Warid Celebrates 8th Anniversary in Pakistan
- Telenor Increases Balance Inquiry Charges
- HTC Announces Desire 600: Specification & Availability
- Microsoft Announces Winners of Imagine Cup 2013 in Pakistan
- Official Twitter Account of MQM Gets Hacked
- SMS Based Literacy: Mobilink-UNESCO Sign Agreement
- Warid Muft Hafta Offer Brings Free Minutes & SMS
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Becomes World’s First TCO Certified Smartphone
- Mobilink Introduces GupShup Offer
- NUST-Mobilink Enable Students to Provide Solutions For Everyday Problems
- Warid Offers Double Number Service
- Samsung Offers 43 Inch Plasma TV in Pakistan
- PTCL Holds Retailers Conference in Karachi
- Warid Launches TV Timing Android Application